We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone at the In-Memory Computing Summit regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This Code of Conduct outlines expectations for the behavior of all participants and consequences for unacceptable behavior. We encourage all participants to help us realize a safe and positive experience for everyone at the conference. We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are within the sole discretion of GridGain Systems and our appointed conference organizers and the decision(s) of our onsite representatives will be final.
Expected behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants and alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress
Unacceptable behavior and materials include but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities
- Offensive comments (verbal or written) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces which includes presentation slides
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing materials, photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events, whether verbal or otherwise
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Wearing exhibitor attire which is not appropriate in a professional setting
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous or creates apprehension in a person as determined by show management, in their sole discretion
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language including, but not limited to, using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct
- Any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance including, but not limited to, narcotics or other illegal drugs. The conference organizers do not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the Venue.
- Smoking, other than in designated areas
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue
Consequences of unacceptable behavior:
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated by attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a conference participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
If you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior:
If you are subjected to, notice someone else being subjected to, or have any other concerns about unacceptable behavior, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of the conference staff. Staff can be found at the registration desk.
Event staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement to provide escorts or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference.