Huawei's story of leveraging GridGain as an in memory data grid caching on its public cloud environment
Since Feb 2018, Huawei extends its distributed caching service from its public cloud to work with GridGain (IMDG) and wrap GridGain as a service in Huawei caching service infrastructure and provides an IMDG service to its application developers. This topic tells you a story of how Huawei leverages GridGain technology and architects its own cloud based caching solution based on that to meet our application developer's requirements.
This talk is divided into the following parts:
1. Overall Huawei Cloud distributed caching requirements and use cases details
2. IMDG and its middleware IMKV service architecture details and usages on the Huawei public cloud
3. DCS (GridGain as an IMDG and Redis as an IMKV) use case exploration on Huawei Cloud
4. Performance and latency summary
5. Current issues and challenges that we are facing
6. New caching use cases exploration and adventure plans using GridGain features on Huawei public and on the private cloud
Before joining Huawei in 2017, Paul had been working for IBM Toronto Software Lab for 20 years, he had been IBM WebSphere eXtremeScale (an IBM IMDG product) chief architecture since 2012.